Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDMI = terrible quality??please help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 xXxexpertxXx

xXxexpertxXx

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

So when i connect my HDMI cable from my graphics card to my 32 inch toshiba tv screen. It texts and fonts are really crappy and blurry. i cant get HDMI to work at all no matter what i trie. Right now im just using AGP output and it is 203i203920 times better right now. Someone please help me to get hdmi to work thank you!

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,228 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

My first hookup looked krappy, I read on their blog the screen resolution had to be changed.  A few minutes of fooling around now it is like a photograph!

Phil

Edited by OldPhil, 12 February 2014 - 12:09 PM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 xXxexpertxXx

xXxexpertxXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

My first hookup looked krappy, I read on their blog the screen resolution had to be changed.  A few minutes of fooling around now it is like a photograph!

Phil

i have been messing around with the res as well no luck no matter what one i thoose. The screen is a 32 inch i beleive

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

Size doesn't matter, resolution does.  I've got a 22 inch and 27 inch monitor on my desk and their resolution is the same.  Go to Toshiba's site and either download the manual for your television or see if you can find the resolution.  Once you set the resolution you should be fine.

#5 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

Resolution cannot be changed on a hdtv if using hdmi.  It can only be changed on the computer, through the Graphics Adapter software.  Helps to know if this is a nVidia or AMD card, and what chipset that it is using.  You can get the information on your adapter through Speccy or hwinfo.

#6 madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

Resolution cannot be changed on a hdtv if using hdmi.  It can only be changed on the computer, through the Graphics Adapter software.  Helps to know if this is a nVidia or AMD card, and what chipset that it is using.  You can get the information on your adapter through Speccy or hwinfo.

Is the toshiba tv different?  Both my Panny and Sammy HD tv's have adjustable resolution with hdmi connection.

#7 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:18 PM

Changing the resolution from the TV would just mean either upscaling or downscaling, it's recommended you change the resolution from the source to avoid quality loss, and have you tried playing around with the TV settings? Also please try and find the native resolution of your TV and set it as your current res in your computer.

You should also try screwing around with the settings on the TV (Unless you paid to have it configurated properly)

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users