Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Data recovery from hard disk

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 songcarolyn

songcarolyn

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

Hi guys,

I have this Toshiba 500gb external hard disk. Till yesterday it was perfectly fine but today when I plugged it in

to copy some files. It was not showing in the laptop. Even it is not making any kind of sound. I need the

data to be recovered from it. Please help !!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,779 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

A thought have you tried your other USB ports?

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

First try connecting to another machine.

Second you can try removing the drive from the enclosure and connecting it to your machine with a USB to SATA/IDE adapter

If that doesn't work you'll probably need professional help.  I can recommend Kroll Ontrack, but it will most likely cost you  over $1,000, but they normally can recover the data.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

FWIW:  RAW Hard Drive - http://html5.litten.com/how-to-fix-external-disk-drive-suddenly-became-raw/

Louis

#5 rkant_023

rkant_023

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:44 AM

Hi guys,

I have this Toshiba 500gb external hard disk. Till yesterday it was perfectly fine but today when I plugged it in

to copy some files. It was not showing in the laptop. Even it is not making any kind of sound. I need the

data to be recovered from it. Please help !!!

Sometimes moisture can also lead to hang up or make a running HDD not working anymore for a while. My suggestion is to let you give few min to days for let it fix automatically either may be few internal short circuit will bring some terrible results. If you still won't get you HDD fix than you may go through Quick Recovery for let get at least your data then only you can make a repair.

#6 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,779 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

Curious was this drive out in the cold then brought into a heated area?

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users