Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

v.b.s.gaggle virus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 flutered

flutered

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:35 AM

i have being having problems since yesterday, however i have downloaded a trial of an anti virus which i have never used before, it tells me that it has removed the vbs gaggle virus eight times now, unfortunatly my lappy is still infected, which is the best way of getting shut of it, thanks in advance,.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:10 AM

Hi flutered and welcome to BleepingComputer! :)

Which antivirus you downloaded? And can you check the exact detection name please?

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

Also advise if there was a previous anti-virus on the system and if so, did you remove it?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 flutered

flutered
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

hi, power outrages caused by winter storms have stopped me from replying until now, i had bitdefender free, windows firewall, malware bytes and superantispyware installed, all were ran and did not find anything, i then deleted them, panda usb disenfect found nothing, rkill and rouge kill found nothing.

how the virus affected my machine

it was telling me that i had a connection on one of the usb ports which was not connected or working properly,

it then began telling me that my video card was not of sufficent size, that the minimun i required was 64mg, my card is 128mg

when a usb stick was inserted it was not being recognised

i was unable to acess safe mode via f12

eventually i could not acess the internet, it continually told me i had a faulty connection,

i had an uninstalled version of fortis client in another machine, i came across it in the downloads folder and wondered why it was there, as emsisoft or hitman pro could not be loaded for some reason, put the fortis on the usb stick and i was suprised when it could be loaded, after it was running about a minute internet acess returned, when it finished it asked me to either quarentine or delete the virus,

#5 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

Sorry for delay. :/

This will require more professional helper to help you.

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users