Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

interpret WIRESHARK results to detect malware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 anniyan

anniyan

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:22 AM

with reference to

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522168/very-infected-machine-with-an-assortment-of-malware/page-3#entry3283350

using some program like WIRESHARK or anything similar, can someone in BC help me analyze what type of malware is exploiting my internet allocated usage?

PS. 1. all the information about my problems can be found in that thread (starting from the beginning) and also this thread:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520666/i-am-not-sure-if-i-am-infected-but-100-sure-that-my-machine-has-some-problem/

2. i have kaspersky internet security 2014 with 'network monitor' module but i dont know how to use it and interpret its results and graphs.

Become a BleepingComputer fan on Facebook
Have you seen.....Select Real Security

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

You have an open topic in Malware Removal Logs.

Everything concerning possible malware on your computer should be kept in that topic.

you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.
From this point on the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

To avoid confusion, this topic is closed.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 12 February 2014 - 12:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users