Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows anti virus master cannot enter windows advanced options window

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#31 TB-Psychotic

TB-Psychotic

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:08 AM

Even if there is malware on the hard disk, it has no chance of preventing the computer to boot from CD.

Try to reload the defaults within your BIOS, then change the boot device priority to boot only from CD and restart - tell me what happens then.

Proud Member of UNITE & TB

My help is free, however, if you want to support my fight against malware, click here --> btn_donate_SM.gif <--(no worries, every little bit helps)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 xxgraywolf

xxgraywolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:57 AM

I know on startup that F-2 TAKES YOU TO THE BIOS but I dont know how to reload the defaults. I don't know how to change the boot priority to boot only from cd. I did go to the boot menu F-12 and change the boot order to choice #5 IDE CD ROM DEVICE when I did I got the Hit any key to boot from cd, I had the cd installed during that process , but when I hit a key IT DID NOT GO TO  THE REPAIR installation option ,as was indicated in the WIKI- HOW software instructions item #6

xxgraywolf

#33 TB-Psychotic

TB-Psychotic

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,349 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:48 AM

Try to obtain and use another keyboard - yours seems to be not reacting on this command.

My help is free, however, if you want to support my fight against malware, click here --> btn_donate_SM.gif <--(no worries, every little bit helps)

#34 xxgraywolf

xxgraywolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:57 PM

OK I'm now useing a different keyboard,I borrowed from a friend .He says it works fine and it seems too. What should I do next?

xxgraywolf

#35 TB-Psychotic

TB-Psychotic

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,349 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:57 AM

Please try again to boot from CD and repair your windows installation

#36 xxgraywolf

xxgraywolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:52 PM

I will try to explain my efforts in the order they occured and hopefully in a way that helps you.
#1 I turn on the computer and immediately start tapping the F-8 key I get a black screen that has the normal computer info just before it enters the windows application. I continue tapping the F-8 Key until i get the black screen that on
top tells me to push any key to boot from CD.
#2 I push a random key as instructed but instead of booting into a blue screen,It goes to a black screen that is so quick before it flashes off that there is'nt enought time to read it.
#3 From that flash screen it goes to the black screen with the blue bar running across it then it goes to thenormal blue user screen.
It goes thru the same proceedure with or without the cd installed.
Part of that flash on and flash to the next application screen read as follows Top line Microsoft recovery console Line 2 says something like do not select this debugger enabled
line 3 Is Microsoft XP prof. in a white backround, below that it says use the up and down arrows next it says press enter to choose.
After numeral tries that is about all I could get down before it enters the windows start up screen mentioned earlier. I HOPE I'VE EXPLAINED IT SO IT WILL HELP AS EVER THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU ARE TRYING,TO HELP ME
xxgraywolf

#37 TB-Psychotic

TB-Psychotic

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,349 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:34 AM

Try to boot another computer with this windows disk and get into the windows setup - is it working?

#38 xxgraywolf

xxgraywolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

I tried the same disk on another computer and the answer is YES it worked.It went into the Blue setup screen

Edited by xxgraywolf, 13 March 2014 - 08:21 PM.

xxgraywolf

#39 TB-Psychotic

TB-Psychotic

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,349 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:44 AM

Are you able to boot from USB?

Edited by TB-Psychotic, 15 March 2014 - 08:44 AM.

#40 xxgraywolf

xxgraywolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

I'm not sure what you mean.If that means placing a disk into an external device and connecting that to the computer via a USB connecting port, I do not have the hardware it would need. I am changing my IP provider in the next couple of days I hope I can get squared away with that so there is no time lapse in our communication, as you indicated you drop a post where there is no communication in 3 consecutive days. I sure don't want that to happen. I beleive I can overcome my problems with both computers with your help if you will hang in there with me.
AS ALWAYS THANK YOU.
xxgraywolf

#41 TB-Psychotic

TB-Psychotic

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,349 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:21 AM

Use WinSetupFromUSB to make a bootable usb device from your CD.

Try to boot setup from this flash device.

#42 xxgraywolf

xxgraywolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:09 AM

I downloaded WinSetFromUBS into my documents but when I try to open it useing adobe reader I cannot,And even if I could I Don't know what to do after that! You mentioned making a bootable device from my cd and boot setup from this flash device. I don't know how to do that! I guess what I need is a step by step procedure to follow so I don't end up lost and confussed.I hope that is not to much time consumption for you. Any way let me know I will keep trying if you will.
What is a bootable device ,is that like a flash drive you put into a usb port on the computer?

I'm sorry I need such lengthy explanations to accomplish the tasks,you provide, I'm sure they are simple to you,wish they were for me.
xxgraywolf

#43 TB-Psychotic

TB-Psychotic

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,349 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:50 AM

No problem.
I´m creating a tutorial for you.
In the meantime, let´s check something else:

Try this please. You will need a USB drive.

Download http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/unetbootin-xpud-windows-latest.exe & http://noahdfear.net/downloads/bootable/xPUD/xpud-0.9.2.iso to the desktop of your clean computer

• Insert your USB drive
  • Press Start > My Computer > right click your USB drive > choose Format > Quick format
  • Double click the unetbootin-xpud-windows-387.exe that you just downloaded
  • Press Run then OK
  • Select the DiskImage option then click the browse button located on the right side of the textbox field.
  • Browse to and select the xpud-0.9.2.iso file you downloaded
  • Verify the correct drive letter is selected for your USB device then click OK
  • It will install a little bootable OS on your USB device
  • Once the files have been written to the device you will be prompted to reboot ~ do not reboot and instead just Exit the UNetbootin interface
  • After it has completed do not choose to reboot the clean computer simply close the installer
  • Next download http://noahdfear.net/downloads/driver.sh to your USB
  • Remove the USB and insert it in the sick computer
  • Boot the Sick computer
  • Press F12 and choose to boot from the USB
  • Follow the prompts
  • A Welcome to xPUD screen will appear
  • Press File
  • Expand mnt
  • sda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDD
  • sdb1 is likely your USB
  • Click on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)
  • Confirm that you see driver.sh that you downloaded there
  • Press Tool at the top
  • Choose Open Terminal
  • Type bash driver.sh
  • Press Enter
  • After it has finished a report will be located on your USB drive named report.txt
  • Remove the USB drive and insert back in your working computer and navigate to report.txt

Please note - all text entries are case sensitive

Copy and paste the report.txt for my review

Edited by TB-Psychotic, 19 March 2014 - 03:51 AM.

#44 xxgraywolf

xxgraywolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

I think I got things right until I got to the download of (http://noahdfear.net/downloads/driver.sh) I saved the document in desktop from there I sent it to the flash drive,but I got the following window(The Target can not handle this type of document) so I stopped.
If I did'nt mess up and fill the flash drive trying to get your previous 2 software programs,Doc to Pdf and the Xpud one in the flash drive then i don't know why it would'nt handle the .sh one. Please advise me (what went wrong)

As Always THANK YOU for staying with me.
xxgraywolf

#45 TB-Psychotic

TB-Psychotic

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,349 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:06 AM

• Download WinSetupFromUSB.
  • When finished, run the file by double click.
  • Select a folder where the files shall be extracted to.
  • Insert your Windows XP CD-ROM into your CD drive.
  • Plug in a usb flash disk
  • Navigate to the folder where you extracted the files to and run WinSetupFromUSB_1-2.exe
  • At the section named "USB disk selection and format tools", select your USB disk from the drop down menu and place a checkmark next to "Auto format it with FBinst".
  • Leave all other options as they are.
  • Under "Add to USB disk", place a checkmark next to the first line. Hit the "..." button and select your CD-ROM drive.
  • Hit "GO".
  • When finished, remove the CD from the drive and restart your computer.
  • Boot up from the USB drive and check if you are able to start the windows setup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users