Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pondering SliTaz over Puppy...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 AlexSmithFanning

AlexSmithFanning

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:09 PM

I have been thinking about this for over a week but cant bring myself to wipe the drive again to install another distro. Using live SliTaz right now and I really like it. I want to know, should I do it or stick with Puppy? I mostly just use the internet on it anyway and SlTaz seems to run really well on this dino... 

I want your opinions not a "whatever works for you" thing.

EDIT: And I like the package managment system. Everything on SliTaz is so simple and fast. 

Edited by AlexSmithFanning, 11 February 2014 - 11:14 PM.

I prefer Linux. Windows 10 is just to invasive for me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 11,791 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:33 AM

As a devoted puppy user I say puppy rules.  Never tried SliTaz. But I will try it out. And sorry but I think "whatever works for you" thing is true.  Why do I love my pup because it works for me.

Ok had a look at it ummm its light its fast ummm still prefer my fatty puppy 3 gig download with  everything i need out of the box. I am lazy and let somebody else do all the hard work in putting it together ( thanks fatty team/person) I have 2 laptops running puppy the wife and kid because it has wine on it the wife can run ms office on it, and she is happy ( DO NOT SUGGEST OPEN OFFICE OR SIMILAR she wants office it makes her happy and a happy wife = peace quiet and other benifits) the brat loves it because it can run skype and pidgon, her and her friends all now use linux to comunicate ( most parents do not know Windows let alone linux and the kids can now keep secrets from parents( I am in trouble over that ) My HP Pavilion G6  has fatty on it also, Got to love steam and with a AMD A4-3305m apu and 4 gigs of ram this thing is so fast that I am afraid of speeding tickets. Great for games.

But I guess you can do the same with SliTaz.

#3 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

@ NickAu1

:hysterical:  but after I stopped laughing...exactly what Puppy are you running? Precise 5.7.1?

#4 AlexSmithFanning

AlexSmithFanning
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

Lucid, it seems to be always really slow browsing with Opera...     Midori and Opera run REALLY fast on SliTaz but Puppy has more features. 

#5 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

i really like puppy it is really fast and i am running chrome. 

quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

#6 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 11,791 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

@ NickAu1

:hysterical:  but after I stopped laughing...exactly what Puppy are you running? Precise 5.7.1?

Precise 5.7.1 Retro fatty.

https://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_precise-5.7.1-retro-fatty-2014-jan-csipesz

Satans sister Errr ummm My darling wife is scary when not happy.

Ps.

Just incase she reads this.

Love you my little Dragon umm err sweetie

Edited by NickAu1, 12 February 2014 - 10:26 PM.

#7 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

@ NickAu1

Thank-you...chuckle chuckle and be nice or you might wind up in the "puppy house"...

#8 AlexSmithFanning

AlexSmithFanning
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:33 AM

Went ahead and tried SliTaz and I think it's better that Puppy (For one it looks better) so I am using it right now. Thanks for the input!

#9 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

@ AlexSmithFanning

What system are you running SliTaz on? I have this old Win ME...and Puppy just might not cut it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users