Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant download apps from Bleeping site

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fairwind

fairwind

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

Greetings to all,

I have been reading Bleeping when needed for some time now, wonderful site!! Thanks to all who run it.

My current problem is about downloading repair tools from your site!? I have tried these two apps in the last hour FarBar and Mini Toolbox.

I have tried several times and each time I am referred back to the download list, without getting the "xxxxx.exe" to save ??

I have d/loaded the SecurityCheck successfully this am.

Anyone got any clues about this? It could be to with the strange things that are happening to my PC today. For example, when I open some pics on Windows Photo Viewer I get to see about 6-7 pics and then it all locks up on me and refuses to close down. I have to close it with Task Manager.

Tnx to all who respond

Down with all Hackers and similar types...

fairwind

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:58 AM

Hi Mate -

Try this link ......................

Download MiniToolBox, Save it to your desktop to run it.

EDIT - Note that I have posted "Save it to your desktop"

Do not save this to any Temp Folder etc, it MUST be saved to Desktop -

Edited by noknojon, 12 February 2014 - 05:02 AM.

#3 fairwind

fairwind
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

Hello noknojon,

Thanks for your reply. I did in fact discover your solution about 4 hrs ago ( West Oz time ), after thinking about it. It occurred to me that my browser ( FireFox ) was probably the guilty party. I did a search around the Tools and found the way to "Save to Desktop", it worked a treat and now I am listening to the Seekers after re-installing iTunes. Very nice.

Over 8000 posts to your count !! Impressive

Down with all Hackers and similar types...

fairwind

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

Hi -

You will find that all of these type of tools need to be "Downloaded to Desktop".

Otherwise you end up saving to some Temp File that you are not able to find later -

Over 8000 posts to your count !! Impressive

I had missed the count number, since I do not take any notice of it.

Most days I just post a couple of answers to keep me busy, and to learn on latest updates -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users