Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ActiveX Filtering troubles

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mades

mades

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

I'm not sure I should even post this on this forum, but seeing that the problem I have is with Internet Explorer, and it being a Mircosoft product, I suppose some of you might be able to help.

I am a web developer and I am running a fallback code, so that Internet Explorer 8 can read the code correctly (which it does). Anyhow, I am running the emulation of it on Windows 7. Basically, I have two identical scripts, which act like the jquery accordion. This morning, everything worked fine, but now I get an Internet Explorer 8 error. It has that ActiveX Filtering circle with the line in it at the top left (i don't know the proper term for it, sorry). Basically, it supposedly protects me from... well script. Thus, I cannot run the damn clips.

See, the problem is that IF I turn off ActiveX Filtering, the jquery accordion completely messes up and doesn't even open. Worst, the second accordion does not even show up. Thus, I need to fix the ActiveX Filtering. What can I do to fix that? Why would I be able to view the clips this morning, and now I can't?

I have re-instated the original file with only one video to see if the problem was my own code, but it wasn't that.

I have downloaded Adobe Flash, which is the ONLY thing I have done with IE today. As I never use IE.

I then proceeded to reset all my settings to default. To no avail.

Edited by hamluis, 12 February 2014 - 12:39 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Development - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:12 AM

Hello -

Windows 7 should not be using I.E. 8 as a browser.

Do you update Windows (normal Windows Updates) every month or so ??

If so, you will not be using I.E. 8 but at a minimum, I.E. 9 or 10

Try your normal Windows Updates for for current updates (regardless of what browser you have added on)

#3 mades

mades
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:20 PM

Oh, I am not using IE8. I use IE11. but for testing purposes (as a Web Developer), I must emulate IE8 within IE11. IE11 has Developer Tools by pressing F12, and you can verify legacy browsers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users