Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flappy Bird Got Taken Off The App Store!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Catsgalorelol

Catsgalorelol

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

Flappy Bird got taken off the App Store on Sunday. The creator, Dong Nguyen, stated it was just too much. Some think Nintendo warned him about the pipes that look Mario-themed. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

Nope, he didn't like the attention he was getting from it so he took it offline he just wanted to have a simple life. You can check his twitter to confirm this.

Hey everyone I'm Allen I am a young web developer/designer/programmer I also help people with computer issues including hardware problems, malware/viruses infections and software conflicts. I am a kind and easy to get along with person so if you need help feel free to ask.

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

More like he didn't like the impending lawsuit from Nintendo.... lol

Really, he was making $50k a day on advertising, I could take a bit of flak for that, would just stay home and surf the net.

Edited by TsVk!, 11 February 2014 - 05:24 PM.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

Seems very very strange. I agree 50k a day and cant handle it?

Weird.

#5 Catsgalorelol

Catsgalorelol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

Maybe he is making a $1.99 version of the app since he is making so much off of just a free version.

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,239 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

That'd be the version where the graphics break the 8 bit barrier and something actually happens on the game.... lol

#7 HashX

HashX

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

Nope, he didn't like the attention he was getting from it so he took it offline he just wanted to have a simple life. You can check his twitter to confirm this.

Yup- he said it was 'ruining' his simple life.

By the way, people are selling devices with Flappy Bird on it for a bomb on ebay

I don't always use Internet Explorer, but when I do, it's to download a different browser.

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

He's still making a ton of money without having to support the app or issue updates.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57618722-93/no-flappy-bird-developer-didnt-give-up-on-$50000-a-day/

So this allusion to wanting a 'simple' life is bogus. He makes the money without having to do anything more with the app. Like the Dire Straits lyric says: "Money for nothing..."

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

And the chicks for free..

I had to look up "Flappy Bird" and yes, it does look a lot like Mario...perhaps that is why my son decided to take his Super Nintendo....

#10 daveydoom

daveydoom

• Security Colleague
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

It's just a different version of this Helicopter game I've played for years :)  

"A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing"
-Emo Philips

unite_final.png

#11 Catsgalorelol

Catsgalorelol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

Since Flappy Bird is gone, a lot of new apps came up that are pretty much clones. Flappy bee, splashy fish, etc. wow.

#12 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

Hum... makes one think who is behind the clones...Flappy Bee?

But when it comes to classic games...yes I found it! The infamous Amy's First Primer...my son loved the games on that old DOS shareware floppy. And he also managed to erase my hard drive twice playing it...that is how he got his Super Nintendo...back to DOS...

#13 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:44 PM

http://bgr.com/2014/02/11/why-flappy-bird-was-removed/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#14 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,239 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:47 PM

An app developer with a conscience... If only all the media, retail and industry were so inclined. The world would be a better place.

#15 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:25 AM

If that were the case, TsVk! I think one could safely say, Bye-bye to cell phones, computers, television...and the list would go on....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users