Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista booting problems with my acer after numerous reinstallation attempts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TodderzZz

TodderzZz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:51 PM

Hay guys,

I am having trouble with installing vista business onto my laptop, it's a custom build acer extensa 5235, I will list all it's hardware and original hardware below, but it installs fine then when it restarts are 'completing installation' from the disk, it gets to the green loading bars and freezes every time, I have tried reinstalling vista 5 times, start up repair and nothing is working tried safe mode and come up with 'can't complete installation though safe mode please restart' and am at the end of my tearher with this laptop!!

These are its specs

Make: acer
Series: extensa 5235
Model: jz6
CPU: Intel core 2duo 2ghz duel core: t7250 (original, Intel Celeron 2.2ghz single core: 900
GPU: Intel's 4 series ECF with 128mb ded video mem
Ram: 1x samsung 4gb DDR3 and 1x samsung 2gb DDR3, 6gb total (original 1x samsung 1gb DDR3)
HDD: toahiba mk2552gsx Serial ATA at 250gb (original 120 gb WD Scorpio Blue)

Please note that with windows 7 this laptop runs smooth and fine with no problems with this setup, but with vista it just hangs at the green bars and stays there.

Any help would be apricitive thanks guys

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 29,991 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

Hi TodderzZz, and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

I would suggest wiping the hdd to remove the Windows 7 installation, then install the Vista Business.  Windows doesn't like to have an older operating system installed over a newer one.

To wipe the hdd you can use a program like Darik's Boot and Nuke.

Edited by dc3, 11 February 2014 - 02:58 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 TodderzZz

TodderzZz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:02 AM

Thanks and thanks again lol I'll try that and five you a update, cheers

#4 TodderzZz

TodderzZz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:31 AM

Update,

It's still not booting up after a wipe and reinstall, however when I tried switching my hardware, it finaly booted fully when I swapped out the core2duo with the original Celeron, is vista compatible with the core2duo t7250? Is it the difference with lipthorgraphy?

Celeron 900 details:
CPU Id: 900
CPU name: Celeron single core
Speed: 2.2ghz
Bus: 800htz
Socket: p 478
Technology: 45 nm

Core2duo t7250 details:
CPU I'd: t7250
CPU name: core2duo duel core
Speed: 2ghz (overclockable to 2.4ghz)
Bus: 800mhz
Socket: p
Technology: 65nm

I would like to use my core2duo as it's duel core and a better performer than the Celeron pulse it's got double cache, can anyone pinpoint the problem and a fix?

Cheers

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 29,991 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

I have run across statements from owners of Acer 5235 who have upgraded to the t7250 successfully, so it does appear that this is possible.  Oddly enough though, this CPU is not included in Intel's compatible list for the Celeron 900.  I haven't run across any mention of a BIOS upgrade, but you might want to call Acer to see if they can shed some light on this.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users