Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

building up pc

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 reuch

reuch

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

i went for R9 290 , G990FXA-UD3 , 8 Gb G-Skill RAM , 850 bronze seasonic , 8350 AMD , many guys told me these staff are good , but the thing is you can buy good components but they dont get you the performance you want , while you can lower quality components for which get you a same or slightly higher performance than the more higher editions because the lower ones work in harmony & much better compatibility mode , i am confused , i have no idea on which basis i choose my components to reach that goal , so please tell me if the components i mentioned above are the right match for each other or if they have compatibility issues or if there are replacements for any these components to boost up my total performance , regarding that i stick to the R9 290 , i wont change it , so replacements are considered for the rest of components regardless of their budget changes , it would be helpful if you mentioned nominees ( if there are ) as much as possible cause there aint much of variety in my country ,for any one who would suggest intel core instead of AMD plz tell me why ??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

This really depends on what you plan on doing with the computer, I assume it is gaming with the R9 290. As far as intel vs amd goes: amd will have better price per performance but the intel core i7 4770k will out perform the amd cpu. For gaming the 8350 AMD cpu will be more than enough. I personally do a lot of video editing/rendering so I opted for the i7 which had lower power consumption (less heat) and higher performance. Again depending on your budget, either will do fine for any task, the i7 will be faster for video rendering and somewhat more future proof.

CPU wise: Intel is faster than AMD on a per-core, per-clock basis but costs more...

Edited by zingo156, 11 February 2014 - 12:49 PM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

By the way a better intel cpu to compare the 8350 to would be the i5 4670k see: http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/371/AMD_FX-Series_FX-8350_vs_Intel_Core_i5_i5-4670.html

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,411 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

Well...as alluded to previously...just what is the purpose of the "upgrade"?  What do you do on a system that makes you think that you need to improve components in any area?

"Higher performance" at what?

The cpu-world reference above is a good one, You might also be interested in famiiarizing with PassMark CPU Benchmark Data if you are gung-ho over "performance" and such.  It's a good idea to believe that you have made good choices re components...but remember that every statistic that comes out today regarding "performance"...will be surpassed by products that are introduced next week, next month, next year, ad infinitum :).

Louis

#5 reuch

reuch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

Well...as alluded to previously...just what is the purpose of the "upgrade"?  What do you do on a system that makes you think that you need to improve components in any area?

"Higher performance" at what?

The cpu-world reference above is a good one, You might also be interested in famiiarizing with PassMark CPU Benchmark Data if you are gung-ho over "performance" and such.  It's a good idea to believe that you have made good choices re components...but remember that every statistic that comes out today regarding "performance"...will be surpassed by products that are introduced next week, next month, next year, ad infinitum :).

Louis

first thnx louis , and i can tell u that my current pc is already dead 4600 amd , dual core , G41 and so low quality psu , anyway the above collection i mentioned is not mine even i was so close to have it , but i am looking for hard gaming experience which is future protected , you see the upgrade i just mentioned costs about 8 k in my country , at first after seeing many phony bench marks ( from other sites ) i was fascinated by amd 8350 8 cores and its clocking , i can even tell that low editions of i7 had no chance  in front of it , no sooner i realize that ironically low life editions of i5 can beat its ass ;(  like 3750k  , no i had to change the course of choice to intel -_- and its boards , many recommended 3750k and z77 when i mention 8350 , they dont even go or the i5  4670 , which made me  realize that 8350 is miserable bleep for hard gaming , as for now i need gaming future protected ware for as long as possible in terms of the big ass budget i am gonna pay X(  cuz after this if paid this budget on failure collection then i will only use it as garbage bin , this is why the AMD was blessing in my eyes ! yea everybody call it budget processor , my only preferences are based on the bench marks i see everywhere and others reviews , which can be never taken for granted , lots of people say blabla they know nothing about ( i can show you some forum debates that will kill you laughing )  " idiots idiots everywhere " , moreover worse , hardware dealers whether they r dumb or had knowledge , they just wanna dispose of their stock , so they will support ur choice when it comes to the higher budget nothing more X(  , so now i am stuck with the choice which i will never get back off which is the 290 , but after i realised how bleepty amd processors represents  in terms of future  gaming !!! i am now lost again in a  wide choice of intel cores , boards !!!!!!!!!!!!!! since you know that expensive prices have never been reference , also  quality of two editions of same component can be so close , but so high price difference ( 290 , 290x has about 1 k difference here ! )   i need guide to the least expensive , the most future granted and dont exceed my needs ,still though i am ready to go for any budgets changes as long as it focus on the point  which may cause me to sell my place O.o i am not sure whether stay in i5 or go for i7 now or go for which edition in either and which board suits watever i choose and can give the oc i need for my games , i had to make deadly balance between choice for future grantee & the budget which i dont know how i will manage its increase after the new facts , some old fellow technician told me once 6 years ago when i was building my first pc ( which i still have till now ) , " if u build up your pc for games , u will never catch the rainbow " , he is already gone anyway , even i despised wat he said then cuz it was so much frustrating & depressing  , but now i know he was right ! but still am i desperate , dead after all this time waiting and a 4 month time of search between brands , quality , prices , also waiting for sales , which i already missed , after all this  i am at start point again !

however who will read this , should get oscar , in case he has energy left to answer   then he shall know he has overclock to be superman , if your site had a " drama queen " badge , i am sure i would get it -_-

Edited by reuch, 11 February 2014 - 05:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users