Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Parent clicked link on my laptop - SPAM or MALWARE?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 paxitus5

paxitus5

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

Hi,

My mom received an email from what looked like one of her friends about a "cool article" and clicked on the link. It sent her to this site: hxxp://florinpiersic.com/teq/

The web page said the account was suspended. And when I checked the address of the sender, it didn't to belong to her friend. I'm a little worried because she did this on my laptop, which I use for everything. Can anyone tell me if this is just spam or if something could have been isn't albedo n my computer?

Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Donna W Barnes

Donna W Barnes

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

If you're unsure if it is a virus or not, I suggest that you run your Anti-Virus to check your system. That way, it will be safe from any malware or virus attack.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,595 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

Please do not post active links to possible malware related sites to include links which may lead to sites where infections have been contracted and spread. If it is malicious, we don't want other members accidentally clicking on such a link and infecting their machines.

I have disabled the one(s) you posted. After doing that I submitted it for analysis at virustotal which in most cases indicated it was either a clean or unrated site. However, BitDefender detected it as a malware site. Results are viewable here.

SInce there was only one detection, I doubt you have anything to worry about.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 paxitus5

paxitus5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:01 PM

Ah, sorry about that. I'll make sure not to post active links in the future. Thanks for your help!

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,595 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:28 PM

Not a problem.

Just monitor your system for the next couple days and if you experience any problems you can always post back here.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users