Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 on MAC mini problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Radio-Monkey

Radio-Monkey

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:20 AM

Hi,

My employer needs to use Windows 7 on a MAC mini. I have successfully installed it, wiped the MAC OS and put windows 7 on it with the supported drivers from apple. I'm not using bootcamp, the MAC OS is gone.

On start-up there is a delay powering the keyboard. So you get the CTRL+ALT+DELETE login screen but the keyboard may not be powered by USB for another few minutes.

Any suggestions? A weird one I know.

Andy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

Why not get a PC?  Apple will not support your boss, due to having Windows on it.  He was better in keeping Mac OS, and if he needed Windows, use Parallels to install Windows.  You can also use Boot Camp.  See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1461 and http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3986

So go back install Mac Os-X, then use the Boot Camp instructions in the second link, to install Windows 7.

#3 Radio-Monkey

Radio-Monkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

its really due to the fact we need a compact machine without a fan. the intel NUCs have a fan inside them.

The applications we need to run work only on windows, and my boss thinks using Bootcamp would only add issues. he wants windows only.

Any ideas why the keyboard takes longer to power up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users