Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i3 vs A8 (vs i5 vs A10)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bradleyheathhays

bradleyheathhays

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:39 PM

Long story short it looks like my budget for this next laptop isn't gonna let me get up to either the Intel i5 or AMD A10 processor.  So if I'm stuck with either choosing the i3 or A8 which one should I go with?  I suspect between the i3 and the A8, the i3 comes closest in performance to the i5 or A10.

This computer really won't be used for anything too intensive.  Mostly it'll be used for music storage and general messing around on the net.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

If you're open to refurbished machines you might be able to get more computer.  What is your budget?

#3 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:48 AM

For what you will be using it for just get the one that's cheaper.

#4 fouryon

fouryon

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:34 PM

I prefer A8 

#5 waldojim42

waldojim42

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:13 AM

Intel typically uses less power to do more work. That said, pick whatever fits your budget. It appears you don't have any spectacular needs, so get a cheaper machine, and get a solid state drive. You would be surprised just how a big a difference they make.

Laptop: Alienware 14 : Intel i7 4700mq : 8GB ram : Nvidia GTX 765 : 256GB Plextor M3 : 1080P IPS display

Test rig: AMD Phenom X4 955 @ 4.0Ghz : MSI 970A-G46 : 8GB Ram : 128GB Plextor M5s : 2x AMD 5770's (Flashed to 6770) : PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750 : Pioneer BR

Hackintosh : Gigabyte GA-H61m : Intel Celeron @ 3Ghz : 8GB ram : EVGA GTX 550Ti : Patriot Torx 2 64GB : Silverstone Strider ES-50 : OSX Mavericks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users