Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My new business site

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cowtechtutor

cowtechtutor

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

Hey Everyone!

This is my new business site. Http://cowtechtutor.com I'm quite happy with how it's looking. There is an error that I'm having with older ie browsers on xp machines tho it is showing the site homepage with the three titles moved over to the right and not in line horizontally. Let me know how you like the site, if there are any suggestions you could give for design and also if you know how I can fix the alignment.

Thanks again
Andrew

Edited by groovicus, 11 February 2014 - 10:39 AM.
Removed extra link

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

There is an error that I'm having with older ie browsers on xp machines tho it is showing the site homepage with the three titles moved over to the right and not in line horizontally.

You are going to have to be a bit more specific. I don't see a section called 'Titles', and in web-speak, a 'Title' is a specific element, of which there can only be one. Also, it is not XP per-se that is causing the problem, it is the age of the browser that causes the issue. Once we understand the specific problem, we can suggest how to remedy it.

At some point, one needs to determine whether or not the ROI is worth the effort older browsers. Encourage your visitors to update their browsers "for their own safety".

#3 JeffyDurden

JeffyDurden

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

Hey Andrew,

The site looks good and is easy to navigate. The only thing that I noticed that I would change is having clickable images that just link to the image location. For example on this page http://cowtechtutor.com/home-lessons-computers-tablets-cellphones-much-40hr-2/ clicking on either of the two images near the top of the post just links to the image source on your site.

I could see people closing the window at that point because it acts as a kind of dead end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users