My bus speed has ALWAYS been 100 Mhz, yet today, as I was doing some ram speed testing, I noticed my program had drawn all blanks for the model/speed/amount/channel info/timings of the ram. So I went to check CPU-Z, and saw this happening with my bus speed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4xt94p6afvfkzy7/BusSpeed.mp4
Any clues on why it would suddenly start doing this after running MaxxMEM2? I am not sure if the problem is directly related to this program, but it seemed to start happening after I ran it once. I have since closed it, and restarted, but the problem remains...
My CPU shouldn't be stepping out of 1.6 - 3.8 Ghz territory, yet I see hit hitting 4.1+ Ghz and falling under 1.4 Ghz quite a bit, due to this rapid bus speed changing. Also, my ram Mhz is spiking all around between 500 - 800 Mhz (1000 - 1600 for dual channel).
Hoping anyone might have a fix/experience with this sudden occurrence.
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600S
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77-HD3
RAM: 4x4 GB Corsair 1866 Mhz running at 1333 Mhz 7-7-7-21
Hard Drive: Samsung SSD 840 Pro Series 256 GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 680
Operating System: WIndows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
PSU: 800 watts
Edit: I found what causes this. Switching thread priority from "Normal" to "High" in MaxxMEM2 immediately caused the bus speed to spike out of control again. I don't know how or why it would affect my bus speed this way, especially since I assign different priorities to multiple programs and never encounter this, but a cold start will fix the issue each time.
Edited by hamluis, 10 February 2014 - 04:46 PM.
Emphasized edit - Hamluis.