Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Digital audio (S/SPIF) in sound but no port?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 makel494

makel494

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

I bought a PC from IbuyPower a wile ago. And I was thrilled that my computer had drivers for "Digital audio (S/PDIF)". But one issue, there is no audio port for it! No "Coxail", no "Optical", No mini toslink port like on the back of consoles. Here is a screenshot: http://gyazo.com/f6883c4ff759dfcae2279255fb87bfb5 and http://gyazo.com/210982e24586a2ccca6fc69570d806be As you can see, it looks like its functioning properly. Still, no port. I've tried hooking them up to the line out and the line in ports too. Nothing. Can anyone explain why its doing this and/or a tutorial how to fix?

Edited by makel494, 09 February 2014 - 04:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:31 PM

Hi Makel494, See this Intel link as to how a SPDIF panel can be placed or install. Typically the SPDIF interface is not needed as nowadays the usual 3.5 audio and HDMI ports are the most commonly used in sound setups.

Tekken

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

Do you have an orange or yellow RCA jack on the back of your system, it may be over by the PS2 slots.   A picture of the back of your machine would be helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users