Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best replacement for WD1600BB

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BigElCat

BigElCat

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

The master hard drive, a WD1600BB-22GUCO in my eMachine T-3302 is failing.  I have a mirror image of it on a back up hard drive.  The back up is a WD1600BB-00GUCO.  When replacing the master, do I need to stick with this exact model number?

Are the WD Blues superior to the WD Cavier?   Should I look at other brands?  Will any IDE work?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:14 PM

Unless your motherboard has connections for a SATA drive you are going to have to stick with the IDE connection.  You will need to change the jumper to the master position and make sure the hdd is on the end connector of the data cable, and that the data cable is connected to the Primary connector on the motherboard.  Western Digital has several models of their hdds, I believe any choice in this matter is of a personal use.  Other than that you can use any hdd you wish.

There are adapters which would allow you to connect a SATA drive to a IDE connector.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users