Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell XPS 18 Portable All In One Ruber Foot Replacement

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:04 AM

I have a xps 18 AIO tablet/ desktop its a giant tablet that comes with a keyboard and a mouse.

Anyway, according to the User Manual the part I broke is titled "Right Foot"

What I need to know, is what is the part called, and number for a replacement.  Also how do I get a replacement Right Foot so I can stand up the tablet again.

To clarify what I am talking about:  There are two rubber feet on the back of the XPS 18.  These are magnetic and retractable and you can flip them out and stand up the tablet to view it like a computer monitor.  Due to the fact that it sits uneven it fell, and broke off the Right Foot (or whatever its called).

Anyone got a parts list, or know where I can get this at?  Is it a customer replaceable part (I have a huge medical imaging and electrical repair background so I can fix almost anything).  How much is this part?  and WHAT IS IT CALLED?

thanks for any help, Ive been looking for 3 hrs, and just gave up.

czarboom

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:24 AM

Doesn't seem to be any useful parts listing does there?

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/PfydFeaturedCategoryResults.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&mfgpid=234322&chassisid=8560&stype=2&Tab=

Maybe you could ask on the Support chat?

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 czarboom

czarboom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:50 PM

yeah, I posted to the community at Dell, but I dont have 4 hrs in the Afternoon and a bottle of Xanax to eat so I dont throw my phone through the wall. 

Just figured someone might have the inside track on a FRU or Parts list from Dell.

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users