Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rootkit is gone but the pc performance is so slow

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:46 AM

hi to all,

all my problems started after i have installed all the necessary windows updates for my windows xp pro sp2 x32 bit 

the windows firewall didn't work properly after the update so the px infected by a very serious rootkit

till then, i was fully satisfied with the windows firewall and the avg antivirus 2013

i had formated the pc and i have clean install again the windows xp pro sp2 x32 bits and after i have downloaded and inatalled the sp3 from the  microsoft's official site

i have cleaned the pc with the latest version of the avast internet security (free version), malwarebytes, tdsskiller, gmer and with the windows repair utilty although the pc is still so slow especially with any new program instalation and bryce 3d rendering

so. i have started again with the deletion of the partition c this time with the active kill disk (bootable cd) and i have proceeded with a clean installation of my windows xp pro sp2 as usual 

i have checked for any rootkit the pc with the gmer and tdsskiller and combofix 

the combofix found this time an infected system file (unfortunately i deleted the log file) but again the pc is really so slow

now, i have installed the avg 2014 (free version)

some strange things with the windows firewall this time after the update to the sp3

i seems that the firewall  is not active even if my settings are for active mode !

my pc was really fast before the rootkit attack ! and i was able to render 3d and some videos at really good speeds

my pc is an intel celeron g50 with 4 gb of ram
motherboard asus p8h61-mle
windows xp pro sp3 x32 bits
hd wd 250 sata

many thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,408 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:15 AM

Please follow Steps 6-8 of Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html and initiate a new topic in the forum reflecting the Prep Guide.  In addition to the requested DDS log, paste a copy of your ComboFix log into the new topic.

Then...come back to this topic and post a link to your new topic.

Once that is done, this topic will be closed and you will pursue the new topic created in the forum containing the Prep Guide.

Louis

#3 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:55 AM

good afternoon dear hamluis,

i thank you very much for your kind reply

i will try to follow your instructions for the requested log. files

otherwise can i upload a download (sendspace) link with a zip file with those log files ?

i thanking you very much in advance

nickko

#4 DASOS

DASOS

Malware hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 1,662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:51 AM

Καλησπέρα Νίκο! 

Στο λινκ που σου έδωσε ο hamluis  θα βρεις  τις οδηγίες για το τι θα κάνεις, στο κάτω μέρος τις σελίδας θα βρεις οδηγίες για το πώς θα ανεβάσεις τις αναφορές logs από τα εργαλεία που θα σου ζητηθούν να χρησιμοποιήσεις.

Μην κάνεις zip τις αναφορές γιατί είναι δύσκολο να διαβαστούν, κάνε copy and paste, αφού διαβάσεις τις οδηγίες κάνε κλικ εδώ Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

Και μετά κάνε κλικ στο κουμπί  new topic  βάλε κάποιο τίτλο που αρμόζει στο πρόβλημα σου και από κάτω γράψε όπως πριν τι ακριβώς έχεις κάνει. 

Κάνε μόνο υπομονή γιατί όλοι εδώ είμαστε εθελοντές και όπως και εσύ βλέπεις έχει πολύ δουλειά, θα σου απαντήσουν σύντομα, άμα σου απαντήσει το Help bot πιο πριν ακολούθησε τις οδηγίες.

Καλή τύχη και αν δεν καταλάβεις κάτι θα παρεμβω και εγώ να στο αναλύσω.  

Μόλις ξεκινήσεις το νέο θέμα εκεί, γυρνά εδώ και βάλε το link του topic που ξεκίνησες απλώς για να ξέρουμε ότι όλα είναι καλά και να κλείσουμε αυτό το θέμα εδώ, για να μην υπάρξει κάποιο μπέρδεμα.  

Ευχαριστώ  

Στέλιος

Edited by DASOS, 09 February 2014 - 11:57 AM.

#5 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:27 PM

αγαπητέ φιλε στέλιο σε χαιρετώ από κύπρο

δεν περίμενα να βρω και άλλον έλληνα στο forum

σε ευχάριστο πολύ για την απάντησιν σου

συγγνώμη που απαντάω σταστα ελληνικά αλλα δεν θέλω να κάνω λάθος με τα log files που θα πρέπει να κάνω post

παρακαλώ,, επέτρεψε μου να σου πως εγώ καταλάβω την όλην διαδικασίαν εάν  εάν  έχω λάθος να με διορθώσεις

παο στα Virus, Trojan, Spyware .... Logs και να κάνω ένα καινούργιο post με όλα τα logs που έχω, μετά θα πρέπει να ξανά επιστρέψω σε αυτό το forum με το link του post που είχα κάνει για τα logs 

συγγνώμη αλλα έτσι το κατάλαβα

παρακαλώ εάν είναι έτσι  τότε προχωράω

σε ευχάριστο παρα πολύ 

νίκος

#6 DASOS

DASOS

Malware hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 1,662 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:45 PM

γεια σου Νικο!

ναι ακριβως, απλως το λινκ θα βαλεις εδω οτι ξεκινησες νεο topic εκει, για να κλειδωσουμε αυτο το topic να μην απαντηση καποιος αλλος εδω και γινει μπερδεμα. :)

αλλα γραψε στα αγγλικα εκει.

Edited by DASOS, 09 February 2014 - 12:50 PM.

#7 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

good afternoon to all

here is the link for the requested logs i have posted and i hope to be ok if then please delete

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523840/rootkit-is-gone-but-my-pc-is-so-slow-something-strange-is-going-on/

#8 DASOS

DASOS

Malware hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 1,662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

Great Νίκο!

And a great helper is already by your side!  

Ακολούθησε τις οδηγίες του και αν δεν καταλάβεις κάτι στα αγγλικά στείλε μου pm.

Και να τον ενημερώνεις από πριν αν τυχόν λήψεις για μια μέρα η  δυο να μην νομίζει ότι έφυγες.

Καλή τύχη φίλε!  

#9 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:14 PM

good evening my dear friend and i really thank you very much for your kind help

i have all ready reply and i wish to tell you that it seems that nothing suspicious have been found with the logs i have sent

i t is really a strange situation because the pc is clean from any rootkit or virus but unfortunately it's performance is so slow and i am wondering why

i am a novice pc user but this situation is really strange for me

please, i wish to thank you once again for your great help and assistance

nikos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users