Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LOST INTERNET EXPLORER START PAGE

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rev chuck

rev chuck

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:38 AM

LOST WINDOWS INTERNET EXPLORER START PAGE WITH THE FOLLOWING NOTIFICATION OF :" WEB PAGE CANNOT BE FOUND HTTP 404 NOT FOUND."

I HAVE A E1505 LAPTOP WITH 106 GIG INTEL CORE DUO SYSTEM. IT IS A WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION WITH WINDOWS VISTA CAPACITY.

I AM ABLE TO ACCESS MOZILLA FIREFOX START PAGE BUT IT IS A PAGE WITH WHICH I HAVE SOME DIFFICULTY ACCESSING MY OTHER E-MAIL SITES AND I AM JUST MORE FAMILAR WITH THE INTERNET EXPLORER TOOL BAR WHICH I CANNOT SEEM TO DUPLICATE ON THE MOZILLA START PAGE. I DID GET GOOGLE ON BOTH OF THEM WHEN INTERNET EXPLORERE WAS AVAILABLE...BEFORE I LOST IT. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD MICROSOFT ESSENTIALS, AND APPARENTLY, I MADE THE MISTAKE OF DOWNLOADING FREE SCANS FROM REGCURE AND A COUPLE OF OTHERS WHICH LISTED, OF COURSE, HUNDREDS OF VIRUS, MALWARE, SPYWARE, ETC. PROBLEMS. I HAVE DOWNLOADED AVAST A FEW WEEKS AGO, AND I THINK AVG IS STILL ON MY COMPUTER, BUT THERE ARE TWO NEW ICONS OF "DRIVERUPDATE" AND "BROWSER SAFEGUARD" I DO NOT REMEMBER DOWNLOADING THEM ON TO MY DESKTOP WHICH NOW APPEAR ON THE SMALL STRIP TOOL BAR AT THE BOTTOM OF MY DESKTOP ALONG WITH MY "AC POWER" , "VOLUMN", WD SMARTWARE, WIRELESS NETWORK ICON, AVAST, "CPU USAGE" AT VARING PERCENTAGES FROM 24% TO 47% (WHICH I DO NOT UNDERSTAND BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF VERY MANY COMPUTER ACCRONYMS, AND, LASTLY, AN "AUTOMATIC UPDATE ICON SHIELD." WHICH I ASSUME IS A MICROSCOFT ICON.

I WAS REFERRED TO BLEEPINGCOMPUTER.COM BY A MEMBER OF TECHGUY. I DOWNLOADED THE FORMS SECTION OF TECHGUY.ORG/VINE-OTHER-MALWARE-REMOVAL. IT WAS TOO COMPLICATED FOR THIS 83 YEAR OLD COMPUTER OPERATOR WHO USES A COMPUTER FOR E-MAILS, WEBSITE SEARCHES, DOWNLOAD SOME WEBSITE INFORMATIONS, AND NEWS. OBVIOUSLY, I DOWNLOADED SOME "BAD MALWARE OR VIRUS ETC. , RECENTLY.)

THE MICROSOFT WEBSITE WEBSITE SOLUTIONS FOR WINDOWS XP SEEM TO ADDRESS "FIXES" JUST FOR WINDOWS 7.

ANY PLAIN LANGUAGE IS VERY GREATLY APPRECIATED! "REV CHUCK"

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal
Edit: Email deleted as we do not support help via email as it defeats the purpose of forums and prevents others learning from the information. Additionally we cannot verify that the help or suggestions submitted are safe and or credible. Not to mention spambots would love to have it. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users