Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD happened to me

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Graciekiller

Graciekiller

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

Hi Guys,

I was waking my computer up yesterday and when I did that I got the BSOD. I was unable to read the entire message as my computer rebooted right away but it seemed to mention something about Audio.

I tested my speakers and everything seems to be fine. I also ran a malware removal program and nothing came up I ran a full system scan using Norton 360 premium and no viruses were found.

I am using a DELL PC running windows 7 windows is completely up to date as well.

If there is a way for me to retrieve the exact message that would be great to know and any other advice would be appreciated.

I am stumped as to why this happened and if you need anymore information from me I would be happy to provide it.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

GK

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

Hi

If the BSOD only happened one time, you can safely ignore it. An occasional crash can be happened to any machine. Please test the system by putting it in to standby and observe whether the BSOD returns. If yes, we can check for possible reasons.

Btw, download and install the latest version of audio driver from Dell support site as a precaution

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriversHome/ShowProductSelector.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users