Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

extended screen help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thatguy25

thatguy25

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

Hello I extended my laptop's desktop through my TV using an HDMI cable. It works well but sound always plays through the tv speakers no matter which screen it is on. Is there any way to make the sounds be local to the screen being used. I am using windows 7.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:20 PM

That is how HDMI works, or even when you extend your screen.  Only if you are swapping from say the main screen to the HDMI output, then it would play on the tv, and the computer speakers would shut off.  If you are mirroring what you are seeing on the computer screen, it is just like extending your display, sound will play through the tv, because the computer sees that output as your main audio.

Extending is just adding more Real Estate to your desktop on the display, so that you can do Dual display.  You need to dig into your video interface utility and audio interface utility, to figure out how to manipulate which is the primary audio, which is the secondary audio, for what you are doing.

#3 Lornhane

Lornhane

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

Look at the sound devices on your computer and make sure when you have the tv plugged in that the default audio device is the one that you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users