Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop sound is super high, need help please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sister-la

sister-la

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

We have a Gateway desktop and for some reason the sound is super high, We can't turn up the volume over 10 or 13 and adjusting the volume anything over 80 - 100 will blow the speaker. I tried updating the speaker drivers. I even un-installed the speakers from the device manager and we have the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated here. This is the first time I have used this forum.

Thanks...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

Sounds like you have an amplified output.  Helps to know the model of the computer, and manufacturer & model of the speakers.  The specifications on Gateway's site, should state if the audio output is amplified.

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

We need to know the speaker system as Greg62702 mentioned. I do not believe the issue is from the computer. What output are you using for sound? The 3.5mm (headphone jack)? HDMI? What software are you using to play these sounds? Is it windows media player, the web browser? There are many things that can cause problems.

Edited by zingo156, 08 February 2014 - 10:47 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#4 sister-la

sister-la
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:46 AM

Gateway Model # is DX4870-UR348

I have Logitech S120 speakers-model # 9.80000012E8--2.0 channel speaker system--system power 2.3W RMS. I am using the speaker output for sound not headphone jack. This is all I have, I do not have the speaker box that they came in, I got the speakers at Wal Mart.

#5 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

2 things: the speakers have a volume nob on the right side of one of the speakers (this may also be the power button, turn it passed the click to power on and turned all the way = volume all the way up). There is a volume icon in the lower right corner of the start menu (right next to the time) which volume are you adjusting? Try using both, first I suggest using the volume nob on the speakers...

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#6 madoxnola

madoxnola

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:09 PM

Guys,

I talked to sister-la and they did have a volume nob on the side,

Thanks BC Advisor for helping sister-la.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users