Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Found some replacments for Photo Shop input?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

My PS 3.0 is not happy on W7 it works but bearly, does anyone have W7 experiance with any in the following link? :tophat:

http://sixrevisions.com/graphics-design/10-excellent-open-source-and-free-alternatives-to-photoshop/

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

Hi. 

Gimp is as every bit as good (and have used PS and Illustrator for years). I honestly use Gimp more than Photoshop now, it's easier, it's free, and my version of PS was older. I also run Gimp on Win 7, and it works great. 

There are many awesome tutorials and forums around the net on Gimp as well as plug ins you can add. 

If you want to download Gimp, it is available from the source here

#3 TonyinTexas

TonyinTexas

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

GIMP does very well and I have it on my laptop. Paint Dot Net  is my go to graphics editor But I also have INKSCAPE  which, as I am made to understand,  is a almost a mirror  prgram of Photoshop  It is very impressive to me. when I opened it and looked around my first response was   HOOOOOoLLYY   MMMOOOOOOllyyyy  I will try it sometime when Pant dot Net won't or cannot take me where I want to go.  You do know there is a HUGE library  download of image effects  for PAINT Dot NET Right?

Edited by McAllenMobile, 03 April 2014 - 10:11 PM.

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:27 PM

And if you are coming from Photoshop, you would love GIMPshop http://www.gimpshop.com/

#5 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 11,729 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:34 AM

INKSCAPE  which, as I am made to understand,  is a almost a mirror  prgram of Photoshop  It is very impressive to me. when I opened it and looked around my first response was   HOOOOOoLLYY   MMMOOOOOOllyyyy

HOOOOOoLLYY   MMMOOOOOOllyyyy  and its free.

http://www.inkscape.org/en/download/windows/

You know there is a Photoshop online too and its free?

http://www.photoshoponlinefree.com/

Edited by NickAu1, 04 April 2014 - 12:35 AM.

#6 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:33 AM

Would advise installing GIMP, i have it on an ancient windows xp computer (the hardware is atleast a decade old). It runs slowly on such old hardware but fast enough to be usable, if your macvhine is windows 7 i expect it is faster than my xp machine so gimp should run even better.  GIMP is also free and has some abilities which i THINK(i can't be sure as i've never used photoshop) even photoshop does not have. GIMP is said to be trickier to learn in the first place than photoshop is but as someone who had no previous experience with image editing programs i have learnt to get it to do things i need as i need them, and there are always forums to ask specific questions in.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#7 dreamangel1000

dreamangel1000

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:45 AM

If you cannot offord to get a real photoshop which is really a expensive, then you will suggest the program which OP has suggested , GIMp is desktop based photoshop editor which is 100% free, and if you dont want to install the program and wanted to go with browser based editor then you can go with Photoshop Online  this editor has all the same function which original pixlr have but have some other function like GIF editor, animator editor Hope helps thanks a lot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users