Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

utorrent file not workng

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mitts

mitts

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:00 AM

Recently I have downloaded a movie file from utorrent but when it finished I clicked on the file and it says open with.i have open it with vlc media player and it would not play.i have tried to delete the file but it says cannot find file location.what shall I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:25 AM

delete it from the elevated command prompt.

be in the correct directory and then enter

del filename.extension /f   

eg:

del hackerspwnedme.mp4.exe /f

Hope this helps.

edit: sorry to be mean, but if you are going to download stuff illegally you need to understand what you are doing.

Edited by TsVk!, 08 February 2014 - 08:01 AM.

#3 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:43 AM

First rule is anything that is a movie or audio file on a torrent site, is going to be a Trojan horse.  They will usually delete the real file, then hide the actual file on your drive somewhere.

Second rule.  Stop downloading movies from torrent sites.  The only time I use Torrent downloads, is for Linux distros, and they are from their own Torrent feed.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:02 AM

I can't really agree with that Greg, that all files are trojan.exe's on torrents... not really.. really.

I can agree it's a really pointy horrible road that serves no-one though. They've done research on torrents and found that the people who download films would not pay for them anyway... So in reality it is a victimless crime (according to scientific research). Except if you ask billionaire companies....

I'm divided in ethics, I believe in the law, I believe in copyright, but the reality is that malware programmers will target this social weakness, such is this thread.

#5 battyhippie

battyhippie

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

Okay, but perhaps you could explain this to me...what is the difference between downloading from a torrent than youtube? Is not downloading from youtube, illegal, also?

Off topic:

Congrads, TsVk! ! And a great job and team work on getting that research paper out of that sick computer. :thumbup2:

#6 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:28 PM

Youtube you are not downloading anything.  You are streaming the video.  Nothing stays on your computer.  Now of course if you use a third party add-on for Firefox, then yes you are violating the copyright of the owner of the video.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users