Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSE says Virus:Win64/Rovnix.gen!C has been detected...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cward1977

cward1977

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:05 AM

Not sure how to get rid of this or what to do, if someone could help me I'd GREATLY appreciate it.  I did the first step on the previous post and the notepad is as follows:

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.79 
   x64  
 Internet Explorer 11 
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
 Windows Security Center service is not running! This report may not be accurate!
Microsoft Security Essentials  
 WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
 Adobe Flash Player  12.0.0.44 
 Mozilla Firefox (26.0)
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent```````` 
 Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuAgent.exe 
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
 Total Fragmentation on Drive C:  %
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

This is a brand new (to me) HP computer and I don't wanna lose my stuff!  Should I just follow the steps on the previous post regarding this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

Welcome aboard p22002758.gif

Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.

• Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.
  • If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.
  • If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
  • It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.
  • If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 cward1977

cward1977
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

Thanks for your response Broni!! I think it's a little too late though, as I'm now replying to this from my crappy old laptop. (at least it works)  my screen kept on completely blanking out, and then my whole pc just crashed and would only open in recovery mode.  And stupid stupid stupid me didn't have it backed up yet, but I had to run back up and restore anyway, so now I'm afraid the BACKUP files will be infected as well. Ugh, I will get back to you once I'm done work and have the time to start from scratch and trying restoring my computer.  I promise I'll give you a donation as well when I'm finally able to get rid of that stupid thing once and for all!!  Thanks so much for your help.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,754 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

You're very welcome p22002759.gif

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#5 cward1977

cward1977
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

Ok I'm stuck. I am sooo not good at this techy stuff.  I did a factory restore, so I know I got the stupid virus off my pc, and now I'm trying to recover some of my files from the backup dvd's I created.  When I pull up windows restore to try and access my backed up dvd's though, they don't show up, I guess windows isn't recognizing my backup discs now?  Is that b/c of the virus? Am I doing something wrong here?  I even attempting trying to restore from the stupid "hp support assistant" on my pc, but that just takes me right back to windows system backup and restore, WHICH IS NOT SEEING MY BACKUP DISCS!!  Argggh!  have I lost all of my pics and movies and everything??? Oh what have I done? 

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,754 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:08 PM

I suggest you start new topic in Windows forum.

My Website

#7 cward1977

cward1977
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

Duh, I just restarted and opened the files a different way.

#8 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,754 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

All cool?

My Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users