Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE 11 Favorite Listing Font

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:32 AM

Running Win 7 Home and was trying to make the font on the Favorites list bigger.  When I go to the View menu, you can make the font bigger on web pages, but not the favorites list.

And the same with most of the menu's inside of Win 7, need to make them larger.

Any ideas folks?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:02 AM

here's a Wikihow.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:35 AM

You can also get to the place mentioned in the Wikihow article by right clicking an empty portion of your desktop. Choose PERSONALIZE.

Next click WINDOW COLOR, then ADVANCED APPERANCE SETTINGS.

I always change font related settings to Arial, Bold, then change the font size by going up a number or 2. Size will be a matter of trial and error until you figure out what size is best for you.

#4 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

Wondered how to get back into that, thanks.  But, what should I select to make that font look bigger?  Menu, message box, etc.?  There's quite a few in there.  I can figure a few out, but not sure what the Favorite's box is named.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

You will need to select the option MENU.

Make the change, click Apply.

You will then be told Please Wait while the change is applied.

Check the font size by clicking Favorites. As stated above, it may be trial and error until you get it right for you.

One thing to note, changing this setting will also change the font of the right click context menu and font of Menu Bar and Command Bar if you have those showing in Internet Explorer.

#6 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:55 AM

Thanks for the assistance!

#7 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:46 AM

Well, didn't quite work out too well.  It made the font bigger in boxes (such as when you right-click the desktop), but not the font didn't get bigger in the Favorites list in IE 11.  :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users