Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SndVolSSODLL error or not designed to run

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 icub4ucme

icub4ucme

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

windows 7 pro

I get an error message on boot up C:\Windows\system32\SndVolSSO.DLL is not designed to run on windows or it contains an error, try reinstalling the program. I do not have anything except a repair disc that I made when I got the computer and it has not helped. I get to the windows screen and the normal ctrl alt delete shows but I cannot get it to respond by my keyboard so I use the on screen keyboard and get to the log on screen and log on. Next I get a black screen and nothing after that. Windows won't load. I've tried sys restore and when I did the system restore I noticed that my avast anti virus created 2 restore points just before a windows critical update hit today  after that was another avast restore point.  Not realizing the update could have caused the issue I tried to restore to the avast restore point right after the update. When I tried to restore it wouldn't allow it. I received an error saying that it could not read the momory located at 0x011b00eb. So then I did a restore on the restore point created just before the update hit.  System restore said the restore was successful.  I rebooted and the same exact thing happened I end up with a blank or black (which is the color of my desktop) screen.  I shut it down after that and decided you guys are my next resource.  I hope there is something to correct this. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 icub4ucme

icub4ucme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

this has developed into more than just an update failure and I will be reposting in another forum. Please close this out, thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users