Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blank pages

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Quicktime

Quicktime

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

Here is a strange one. I just installed a new print cartridge in my HP 1050. It will not print a test page,in settings It says online and ready,the ink level shows full,nothing in the queu even ran the HP diagnostic and am told no problems. Now after  all this the printer does go through the process of printing a test page but only blank pages come out when I try to print anything now errors messages either.. This makes no sense. I have never ran across a situation like this in my 20 years with a computer. Can somebody come up with something else to try?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:01 PM

Was it working on the previous cartridge? How long ago was it the last time you used the printer? Sometimes the print heads can clog with dried out ink, this is what I suspect happened. Double check that the cartridge is secured correctly.

EDIT: here is a video that may help

Edited by zingo156, 07 February 2014 - 04:03 PM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 Quicktime

Quicktime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

Working on the previous cartridge? Yes as soon as it ran out of ink I installed the new cartridge. I think I uninstall the  printer and reinstall it and see if that fixes the problem.

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

There may be an option in the software to perform print head cleaning. Might be worth a shot if uninstall/reinstall does not resolve the issue.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#5 Quicktime

Quicktime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

Reinstalled the printer no  change.What a bummer. No errors unbelievable.

#6 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

Have you tried pulling out the cartridge and putting it back in? Or try the clean print head option in software.

#7 Quicktime

Quicktime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

Tried those two options with no change.

#8 pwf119

pwf119

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

Just a question for clarification, are we talking about the deskjet 1050 all in one, or the designjet 1050 wide format plotter?

#9 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

Valid question, I did not even notice they had 2 models titled 1050...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users