Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver update program

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

Please read all the way through!

I was checking another site  and found a link to IObits Driver Booster, sounded good had to try it.  As far as I can see it does everything it says it can.  Found ten drivers on my tower, 7 on my Toshiba LT and 16 on my Acer mini.  On my tower everything went quite fast about 15 min start to stop, big lap top 25 min, my poor little mini is still battling it out.  I would recommend trying it, all manufacturers drivers get out dated fairly quick.

The down load does have little junk attached, going through the initial applets you have to decline the IO tool bar it jumps to the next one and continues thi install.   Watch the last applet they sneal one more tool in, I let it through on my laptop looked it over and did a Revo on it.  Note does run slow machine on a lower spec machine, patiance is a virtue the wait will be worth it.  It may be an answer to the diver issues many of us suffer through.

http://www.iobit.com/driver-booster.php

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

For me, if it isn't broken don't update has been a virtue, I have seen other programs such as driver detective install new drivers and cause problems, some required reloads to fix (only on xp)... I'm not saying don't try it, but sometimes updates cause issues.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,117 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:44 PM

The talk about it on another site was very positive so I tried it, everything appears to have gone well.

Phil

Edited by OldPhil, 07 February 2014 - 04:02 PM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#4 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:53 PM

I was checking another site  and found a link to IObits...

You lost me at IObits... :whistle:  However, YMMV :wink:

Edited by Union_Thug, 08 February 2014 - 11:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users