Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Pro - HD Tv - BluRay

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Magnatude

Magnatude

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:47 AM

Greetings,

I have a rather strange situation. I am using a windows 7 pro Dell XPS computer. I am projecting to three HD 50 Inch screens using an HDMI Splitter (which a bluray player is also connected to), From the splitter I have ONE HDMI Cable going out, to the IN on an HDMI Amplifier Splitter (up to 8 cat 6 lines going out, to the extender boxes in the attic for the HDMI Cables, which then connect to each TV, TV's are bolted coming down from the ceiling). This works very well. And I have had no real issues with it displaying SongShow, PowerPoint etc from the computer (or another laptop I hook up)

However, I have an issue when using a BluRay player (not connected to the computer, it is an actual BluRay player for your home etc). The two screens on the left work just fine, *most of the time. However, the one on the far right (number 3) blanks to a black screen, then back on. Back and forth. As if someone is turning the tv on and off. Now I have checked it while this is happening. It seems to be trying to find the right display, because top right hand corner displays 1080p and seems to run between all of the display resolutions available on this tv etc. everytime it comes back on, however,it never ever shows an actual dvd screen (as in the movie), just black back and forth.

Now I have checked to be sure it's not the BluRay player. I brought another one in, hooked it up. Worked perfect on the screens 1 & 2. But screen 3, blacked out back and forth, then errored and said "NOT SUPPORT!" I switched out the BluRay players out, and it went back to doing the blacking out screen back and forth.

I have moved the Cat 6 lines into another available port, I have also tried a different HDMI cable leading into the splitter. It does the same thing. I have also switched the HD cable on the back of the tv from HDMI 1, into 2, then 3. Does the same thing.

Like I said, I have absolutely no issues with the computer, screens work absolutely fine while it is on. I can even turn on a youtube video and project it to the screens, and the screen does just fine. These are VIZIO screens, 2013.

Any clues? This is for my church. We are going to be doing a movie night before long. I really need to get this fixed before the showing, so that we don't have to use just 2/3's of the church, packing everyone towards the center and one side.

Thank you for your time and any ideas you might have. I know his isn't exactly a question about windows 7. But I wasn't sure where to put it. If I need to move it else where, please advise. But I did want to point out, it works perfectly fine on windows 7, as well as when I hook it up to the laptop, running WindowsVista Premium on that one. It's just the BluRay/DVD player.

*Note on the above *Most of the time: The other night the electric went out for a split second. Just long enough for the tv to go off. BluRay player stayed on and the Disc was on. The screens were turned back on. Since the bluray player stayed on, it continued playing the dvd. Screen 2 started blacking out like screen 3 does. I turned off the screen and back on. Same thing. I then restarted the BluRay player, it stoppd blacking out on Screen 2. But screen 3 was the same.

I do aplogize I know it's a lot of info. But I am just completely baffled by this because of it working fine on computers. But not with any bluray player.

Thanks again.
Mag

Edited by hamluis, 07 February 2014 - 06:59 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,071 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:00 AM

I would switch the cables at the splitter to see if the problem stays with the one tv or moves, it is possible there is an incompatibility issue.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

Hi, It is possible that this is a HDCP problem.

High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection

The system is meant to stop HDCP-encrypted content from being played on unauthorized devices or devices which have been modified to copy HDCP content.[2][3] Before sending data, a transmitting device checks that the receiver is authorized to receive it. If so, the transmitter encrypts the data to prevent eavesdropping as it flows to the receiver.[4]

In order to make a device that plays material protected by HDCP, the manufacturer must obtain a license from Intel subsidiary Digital Content Protection LLC, pay an annual fee, and submit to various conditions.

If Your entire hardware chain including the monitor is not HDCP ready You could get the problem You are describing as I see it.

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,071 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

Excellent call great info!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#5 Magnatude

Magnatude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:51 PM

Thanks for the info. As of this past Saturday, it now does it all the time. Including when we are just using it as an extended monitor to the computer. It never did it before. So now I am thinking it could very well be TV's hardware? Maybe? Has me stumped. 

#6 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

That is a good question. I thought it most likely to be a HDCP issue since it was with the BluRay player only.

It isn't totally clear, is the HDMI splitter still being used? If so I would point the finger at it first since the signal is going through it to the TV set. It is possible that the first problem with the BluRay player was a symptom of the HDMI splitter going bad. It would be easy enough to check by substitution. Unfortunately doing that would not be free.

I am thinking that the signal goes computer ---> HDMI splitter ---> TV set

If so most likely culprit is the HDMI splitter.

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users