Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rogue Extension

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sbennett11

Sbennett11

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:43 AM

A few days ago I began to receive this problem where upon clicking a link I'd be redirected to a dead page, some "http://warn1now.com/opt9/index3.php?_rff=px.pluginh"; when this happens, my Norton Antivirus looses its mind.  It shoots a pop-up declaring I was just attacked however the attack was defended.  The attacks name was Exploit Toolkit Website 33 according to the Norton pop-up.  I looked into this issue and noticed that whenever I'd be redirected to the warn1now.com website, I was actually going to "r.searchfun.in". I noticed an extension named YouuTouAdBlocker I didn't install this.  I've tried using multiple antivirus and PUP removers I've seen offered on this website but none seem to work.  I've manually gone into my registry and deleted the keys tied up with the ID of the extension, I've scoured my hardrive looking for the actual location of this. I have been unsuccessful.  The extension was "Installed by enterprise policy" and cannot be modified.  Sorry in advance if this is an improper location, I've been trying all afternoon to fix this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:47 AM

Hello -

The "infections / problems" you have listed are very vague, and I would prefer you to post to Malware Removal Logs area.

Norton has a variety of listings for this problem, so it is better to post up to the Experts.

Please follow the instructions in THIS PREP GUIDE starting at Step #6.

NOTE - If you cannot complete any step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper DDS logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post the 2 logs to =>
Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs area Not Here -

Please Copy and Paste all answers and Do Not Attach them unless your helper requests this.

If HelpBot responds, please answer its questions and the helpers will be notified.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:16 PM

Requested logs posted here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523546/google-chrome-rogue-extensions/

This topic is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users