Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lots of Bsod. General Instability.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CitizenMan

CitizenMan

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

Hello, I recently built my own computer and overclocked the amd fx 6300 to 4.2 ghz. The computer also has a GeForce gtx 760 superclocked running on beta drivers. Ever since my overclock I have been having many blue screen crashes. I believe I have resolved many of the issues but there appear to be several lingering problems. I have the minidumps below. If anyone can figure out what I can due to have my computer feel more stable I would be very grateful. At the moment it feels like I'm treading on thin ice any time I play a game. 

Thanks in advance

CM

Attached File  minidumps.zip   254.9KB   1 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:43 AM

Hi

First logical step in any BSOD troubleshooting is to disable overclocking at least as a test. Incorrect OC will definitely cause BSOD issues. Besides that, overclocking a CPU does have zero effects in games. Disable OC, Load default values in BIOS and check whether the BSOD stops.

#3 CitizenMan

CitizenMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:31 AM

Ok I will try that and do some research. Some of the blue screens seemed like they might be related to DirectX and my graphics card as well.

Edited by CitizenMan, 07 February 2014 - 11:35 AM.

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

Hi

Even if there is a software issue, we won't be able to detect it as OC will misguide us. If BSOD continues even after loading stock values, please upload the latest crash dumps.

#5 CitizenMan

CitizenMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

I've changed my overclocking settings around a little after doing some research and thankfully I've had no bsods in directx powered games. I'm going to try some stress tests and opengl games now. Thank you for the advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users