Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CryptoLocker Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pgelernter

pgelernter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

Hi Everyone - new to this forum and hope to get some help.

Was infected with CryptoLocker and loads of files now encrypted on PC and Shared Drives - its a nasty piece of work this one !

I decided best to pay the Ransom to retrieve and put it down to experience - albeit expensive experience.

Have Paid but now Screen has disappeard showing that they were checking for payment.

Nothing in unencrypted - just wallpaper saying try to download a program which you can't of course.

So I do not know if they have my money or not

I do not know if I can now unencrpt or not

Can anyone help me to retrieve my data - I can't believe I could pay and still not have the solution. 

Please Help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:14 PM

I no longer follow it, but there's a MASSIVE thread about Cryptolocker in the Security section.

#3 pgelernter

pgelernter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

Thanks - read through the 2500 threads but hoping to get something more focused on my problem if possible

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

A repository of all current knowledge regarding Cryptolocker is provided by Grinler (aka Lawrence Abrams), in this tutorial: CryptoLocker Ransomware Information Guide and FAQ

Reading that Guide will help you understand what CryptoLocker Ransomware does and provide information for how to deal with it and possibly recover your data. There is also a lengthy ongoing discussion in this topic: Cryptolocker Hijack program which you said you have already read.

Since this infection is so widespread, rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any more questions or comments in that topic thread.

Thanks
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users