Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A question about Boost Mobile

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RB_Kandy

RB_Kandy

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

Hello, I am going to buy my first smart phone. I have never owned a smartphone or cell phone in my life. I have done a bit of research, and I think the one I am going with is “Boost Mobile - LG Optimus F7 4G LTE No-Contract Cell Phone”

The question I have is about the Boost Mobile service, and activating the phone.
The plan I want to get is the plan where you pay $3 a day, for “theoretically” unlimited bandwidth.
But I am not sure how that works. Like, if I activate it on Monday, does it automatically renew itself and charge another $3 to my account on Tuesday and Wednesday etc, or do I have to punch in some code or something to activate it each day I want $3 removed from my account? If I don't activate it Tuesday, does that mean no one can call or message me since it is not active, or does the phone ring and I get a prompt asking me would I like to activate it for a day to answer the call?
I'm just wondering how that works. The Boost Mobile $3 a day plan can be found here on their website http://www.boostmobile.com/shop/plans/daily-unlimited/3/

The primary reason I want the $3 a day plan is that I am seldom ever going to be using my phone. I can easily see a month going by where I don't use it.
If it is $3 a day, and auto renews every day until I cancel, than that's $90 a month for a phone I might not even use that month. If I can't receive a call or text message (be alerted that there is an incoming message) unless I have already activated it for the day, than I'd be forced to activate every day for the off chance that this is the day I am getting a phone call.
If it works by ringing, and then displays a message to the effect of “to receive this incoming transmission, you need to activate your account, will you activate a $3 deduction from your account?” that would be perfect, this would be the perfect plan for me.
But I just need to know how that works before I buy the phone and find out the hard way.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

Terms and Conditons: http://www.boostmobile.com/shop/plans/daily-unlimited/3/#bottom_disclaimer

$3 DAILY UNLIMITED: Available features contingent on device selection. Includes unlimited domestic voice calling, web, text & multimedia messaging. Email & 411 Directory Assistance (interactive voice response services only). FOR BLACKBERRY DEVICES ONLY: includes Blackberry Internet Service: Manage up to 10 different personal email accounts (IMAP/POP3); Instant Messaging includes: Yahoo!® Messenger, AIM®, Google Talk & BlackBerry Messenger (subject to change). BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES): Access to corporate email is not included or available. Other Terms: $3 daily subscription fee deducted from account daily regardless of usage at 12:01 a.m. in customer’s time zone unless subscription cancelled. Money must be added to accounts once balance gets low or at least once every 90 days to keep services active or any remaining funds in account will be lost & services will be interrupted. Once account hits a zero balance, money must be added within 60 days to keep account & service active. Otherwise account will be cancelled & telephone number will be lost. If account is cancelled, a $10 reactivation fee will apply.

Bold is mine and should clarify your questions.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users