Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buster chimming in

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 theonlybuster

theonlybuster

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm Buster from S. Florida, spent a few years in GA, but again I find myself in Florida. 

My computer background is pretty wide, so I classify myself as a jack of all trade - master of none. I know enough about quite a few avenues in relation to computers. 

I've built a few computers from the ground up, worked as a IT guy for a few years and have single handed become the IT guy for the fam. 

I ran into this forum looking for some insight on computer internals.  I used Google, couldn't find a satisfying answer.  Then searched around and fell upon this.  Hoping to stay for a while, and hoping to have some interesting conversations.

Miscellaneous pastimes include airsoft [insert cool face here]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HashX

HashX

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:24 AM

Hello Buster! Welcome to BC

I also airsoft :D

I don't always use Internet Explorer, but when I do, it's to download a different browser.

#3 zeramato1

zeramato1

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

I've built a few computers from the ground up, worked as a IT guy for a few years and have single handed become the IT guy for the fam. 

That sounds familiar, and I'm sure the family appreciates it.  Dirty job, but someones gotta do it huh?

#4 defanged

defanged

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

just built another one, myself. I love opening all the boxes of brand new never-been-used components... like xmas morning

SETUP, as of 4/14 - Case: Corsair 900D full tower, PSU: corsair 1200 watts, MB: ASUS rampage IV extreme, GPU(s): 3 X Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 hydro copper classified in 3-way SLI , RAM: 64 GB corsair dominator platinum DDR3, CPU: i7 3970X extreme edition @ 3.5 GHz (hexacore), OD: ASUS blu-ray RW, Cooling: EK liquid system, incl. EK waterblock, EK fittings, EK pump, resevoir, coolant misc., generic tubing, Audio: Creative sound blaster Recon3D THX PCIE Fatal1ty Champion sound card, Storage: SSD/HD: 2 X 240 GB samsung SSD (OS - win 7 pro), 1 TB caviar black, 4 TB caviar blue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users