Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with Flash player?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:04 AM

Hi.

Is anyone else having problems with Flash player? I was playing Youtube videos the other day and one minute they were playing, the next there was no video, only audio. It told me to update Flash player so I did. It has worked fine on Firefox since.

Internet Explorer randomly decides that Flash player is no longer working, then things work fine again for a bit before it decides it can't display things again.

Today I had an entire webpage that just went black. It just become a blank page, but other pages still looked fine and worked fine on other tabs.

After the Flash player went odd on Internet Explorer the display driver began to fail and eventually crashed my computer. I don't know if the Flash player was the cause or the driver was the cause of the Flash player, but it does work fine on Firefox and I'm still having problems with Flash player even though the computer now seems fine.

Is there anything I can do to make Flash player work properly? Is anyone else having a problem with Flash player?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:46 AM

If you have not already done so, I would update the video chip driver. You can go directly to the manufacturer's website and download the most recent version.

You can also try to reset IE. Click on the settings button on the top right corner then click Internet Options, or in the menu you can click Tools then Internet Options, in this menu, click on the advanced tab (top right tab), there are 2 buttons to click there: Restore advanced settings and Reset. You will lose any toolbars you have installed etc. Click both of those buttons and this will reset IE. Many times this will solve problems with IE. You can also then re-install the flash player.

EDIT: Resetting IE will not affect your bookmarks, those will remain the same.

Edited by zingo156, 06 February 2014 - 08:49 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users