Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Low Performance On Drive.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Binante

Mr Binante

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 11 May 2006 - 03:37 PM

Aloha,

I have been having severe problems with a Toshiba Media Center laptop . It locks up and says (not responding) all the time and the only way to shut it down is by holding in the power button for a hard shut down. I realize that it is a pretty old computer but it has 512 MB RAM and a 2.6 Ghz Processor, and it normally runs fast. I have disabled all eye candy, defragmented the drive using Diskeeper, run Registry Mechanic V.5, Ad-Aware SE Plus, Ewido free version, and PcPitstop Optimize. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated,

Mahalo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:05 PM

From what you posted it looks like you have done almost everything. Have you deleted temporary files and cleared history?

Also at the top of the OFrum Window is an article:

Pinned: Slow Computer?
Use this troubleshooting checklist

Also just to be safe try the following:

Please read this guide before actually doing the procedure
And it has all of the links for downloads you need.

Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Go to the following to post your log file and it will be analyzed by a qualified tech

HijackThis Logs and Analysis
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

#3 Mr Binante

Mr Binante
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:54 PM

I have deleted temporary files and cleared the history. Thank you for the suggestion to post HiJackThis log, I will do that ASAP.

Mahalo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users