Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Find Jpgs In Temporary Internet Files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Veryelectric

Veryelectric

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 11 May 2006 - 03:27 PM

I did a search on "Temporary Internet Files" before posing this question. I searched through about 9 pages but couldn't find my answer. So here goes:

I used to be able to go to websites with lots of jpg pictures, click on the jpgs (to download image to PC), then afterwards I would go to my Temporary Internet Files folder, find them all, and copy/drag them to a personal folder to save.

It was a very simple process and a great way to quickly save a bunch of pictures (100+) without having to right-click and save each one to a folder.

But for some reason, it's not always working now. What I'm finding is that in some cases not all of the jpgs are being stored to the Temporary Internet Files folder. In other cases, none of them are being stored.

I ran an XP search file search once and found some of them in my Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 folder, but now I can't even find any there either.

A few notes - before I begin saving a bunch of pictures, I always go to the Temporary Internet Files folder and delete all the largest files (over 30kb). This makes it easier to copy all the new pictures over to one of my personal folders (without including some unwanted file).

I have ACDSEE 7.0 as my default image viewer, and about 1799MB of space in my Temporary Internet Files. Overall, my computer (XP, SP2) runs sweet, very fast, reliable, no problems. I do leave it on for extended periods of time (several days to a week), if that makes a difference here.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks to all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 12 May 2006 - 08:19 AM

I'm afraid that I don't understand the method that you're using to download these pictures. Could you point me at a website with jpg's like you download and then walk me through exactly how you would select, and then save, the jpg's?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 12 May 2006 - 08:28 AM

Have you looked in your > My Pictures folder?
That is generally where they go once saved to hard drive (computer).
Posted Image

#4 Floydoid

Floydoid

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 12 May 2006 - 10:52 AM

Scarlett, I think his modus operandi is to click on the pictures, and instread of saving them to disk by rt-clicking - is then going to the internet cache to fish them out later.

I use ACD, and as far as I'm aware it's perfectly possible to do it that way (but a bit more of a pain in XP than it was in 98se).
Posted Image "Is it any wonder that the monkey's confused?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users