Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Non-Specific Error Message

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sbcooke

sbcooke

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:05 AM

Hello to all in the Bleeping Computer Forums,

This is my 1st post and I hope I'm in the correct area for a timely response. If not, I hope the Moderator will guide me to the forum area where this should be posted. My issue is probably quite common to many, but I've never gotten an answer that makes sense or a solution that works. Here is the message I get with a simple “Error” on the top bar:

"Username and password do not match. You provided xxx@xxx.xxx. Please enter your full email address (including @domain.com)".

This comes up every 10 minutes or so. Some responses I've seen claim this is an issue related to Google Calendar which doesn't make any sense. Google claims to have one username and password to log-in to all features in Chrome, including Gmail, Calendar and so-on. I've checked and re-checked the two IMAP Gmail accounts that I have setup in Outlook 2013 and no issues come up indicating a problem with usernames or passwords. I do sync email, contacts and calendar data between my Android cell phone and Outlook and it works well. Obviously if there were conflicting usernames or passwords the sync wouldn’t work at all. Whatever this is, it doesn’t show up in the event logs. Other comments I’ve seen say it’s an issue between Google and Microsoft and you have to go through an involved process for a solution. I tried, but without success. I happen to like the K.I.S.S. method and in this case it would please me to no end.

I like to get to the core of issues like this one, but will be happy with the 1st response that offers a cure that works. It’s obviously not a critical issue (but it sure as hell is annoying) because everything I use the computer for works just fine.

I consider myself a fairly experienced computer savvy person having started back in the mid-1970s when CPM was the dominant OS for small companies and have kept up with the computer evolution ever since. Problems like this are frustrating when you can’t identify the source of the message that appears as a pop-up on screen. Saying it’s an Error is like telling someone water is wet and not helpful at all. Hopefully we’re not going back to the days of user hostile software. I remember those days well and to an old guy like me, Windows 8 is like a 40 year regression in time. Why Microsoft in all their wisdom would abandon Win 7 for a game based OS for the mainstream is a complete mystery to me. If that's the future of computing, we're all doomed!

If some basic hardware/software specs are helpful, here they are:

Computer: Lenovo (Notebook) ThinkPad T430 with Win 7 Ultimate OS, 16 GB memory, 512 GB Samsung SSD, 1GB internal dedicated video memory and no other special features.

Security: Norton Internet Security 2013 and Malwarebytes Pro.

Utilities and Application Software: I use some Piriform utility tools like CCleaner Pro. I also use Revo Uninstaller Pro. Installed software includes MS Office 2013 Enterprise, Adobe Acrobat XI Pro, Quicken 2013, QuickBooks 2012, TeamViewer 9 and IrfanView. I also use a software program for commercial/industrial construction estimating (Timberline) that requires the use of a USB dongle to use the program. All updates for the OS and installed software are up-to-date and I do keep up with these things every week. I do constant backups using Carbonite and have found it to be a good program for cloud based backups.

Hope I’ve left enough clues for a sharp detective out there. Thanks in advance to anyone with some answers and a solution.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users