Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CANNOT ACCESS SETUP TO INSTALL 7

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 garganof

garganof

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:21 AM

A virus must have taken out my operating system. I keep rying to reinstall it but when I press F12 no setup pops up. What can I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:05 AM

Well since you can't access your computer using speccy is out of the question, so you could atleast tell us the make or model of your computer or if it's a custom built what components are on it.

We don't have your computer at our hand, so we need something to guide ourselves with. Knowing what we are working on really helps. 

Also, can you get into the BIOS? Does the computer reboot? Does it freeze? Please expand!

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

#3 scollins

scollins

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:05 AM

If you can get into the BIOS setup check the ordering of boot up devices, also what is the current message you receive when switching on the computer?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

Is this the same system where you dropped the possible malware back in June 2013?

Why are you trying to reinstall Windows?

System manufacturer and model, please?

Louis

#5 garganof

garganof
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

Hi everyone. It is a Dell Inspiron. there were no previous problems. One day it was working fine and next day I turn it on and it is saying there is no operating system. I put in the disk for OS and it will not boot up. It will not do anything. It seems like it is reading the disk but nothing happens.

#6 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,084 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

Slim but have you checked your cable to the drive?

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

Dell makes a ton of Inspiron models...it would help if you tell us the specific model you have.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users