Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows is not genuine 0xc00f057 and 0x80040154

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 designer1

designer1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

Long story  but here goes. Friday all was good when I left the office. Monday I couldn't access e-mail or the internet, and after attempting several things I decided to restore to an earlier time. First was 1/31/14 and nothing changed then I tried 1/27/14 and then upon restart Error code 0x80040154 popped up and I couldn't do anything using the control panel, so I moved to another computer to be a productive employee. Came back today and it started giving me windows is not genuine. Is there any hope for me, realy don't want to reinstall windows. I have attached the computer specs in txt format

Attached Files

Edited by designer1, 06 February 2014 - 10:02 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,900 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

Why...was the O/S reinstalled in January?  What was wrong with the system then?

Louis

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

Since you say this a work computer, have you contacted and advised your Domain Administrator, Business Manager, or IT Department?

In most work environments, the IT staff implement specific policies and procedures for the use of computer equipment and related resources. In fact, many companies will require you to read those policies and sign a statement of understanding. These official procedures are designed and implemented to provide security and certain restrictions to protect the network. This allows all users to safely use business resources with minimum risk of malware infection, illegal software, and exposure to inappropriate Internet sites or other prohibited activity.

A business/government IT Department generally has established procedures in place to deal with issues on client machines on the network. As such, they may not approve of employees seeking help at an online forum or outside the business office as doing so could interfere or cause additional problems.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 designer1

designer1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

@ Louis, Thanks for your reply. My previous hard drive crashed and no files could be salvaged so I had a new one installed by the company who supplied the computer.

@ B Janitor, Thanks for your reply. We are a very small company and do not have an IT department. We generally rely on the company that supplies our computers for any problems that arrise and they haven't seen this happening before, therefore I am seeking assistance via this forum. Another employee used this site, albeit a slow process, with great success. Fortunately I am able to work on another computer to get my work accomplished.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,900 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

Taken at face value, the 0xc00f057 error...is self- explanatory, IMO.  My suggestion for resolution would be to do a telephonic activation.

The 0x80040154 error seems to relate to efforts to install/use Microsoft Fixit or Windows Update or some other MS application.  Did you attempt such?

Louis

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

@ B Janitor, Thanks for your reply. We are a very small company and do not have an IT department. We generally rely on the company that supplies our computers for any problems that arrise and they haven't seen this happening before, therefore I am seeking assistance via this forum. Another employee used this site, albeit a slow process, with great success. Fortunately I am able to work on another computer to get my work accomplished.

I understand and that's not a problem but I always ask first. There are many folks who try to circumvent their employers work policies by hiding computer problems and seeking help elsewhere in order to avoid personal responsibility. As such, I'm sure you can appreciate I was looking out for the IT folks as well by checking.

Our forums are set up to help the home computer user deal with issues and questions relating to personal computers. Many helpers are not familiar with Servers and enterprise networks so there are some enterprise issues we may not be able to help with satisfactorily but we try.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:35 AM

How does your organization roll out updates? Are they done automatically over the network?

If not, is each user supposed to update their client computers when advised by network communication or Windows update notification?

#8 designer1

designer1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:07 AM

Louis, It was through the control panel, restore to an earlier time, and once i get the 0x80040154 resolved I will try to do the telephonic reactivation.

Janitor, we usually let the users update either automatically or manually when the notice is received.

Edited by designer1, 06 February 2014 - 11:09 AM.

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

0xc00f057 yields no search results except for this topic.

0x80040154 does not appear to be Windows Genuine specific...
Sophos Management Service fails to start with error: 0x80040154 - Class not registered
0x80040154 : Class Not Registered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users