Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any Issues with Auslogics Duplicate File Finder

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny 5 Alive

Johnny 5 Alive

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

Anyone know if any issues with Auslogics Duplicate File Finder?

I downloaded this program and started running it after doing an Avast and a malware bytes on the downloaded file.

While is was running, My FireFox the browser was hijacked and the only tab showing was amazon prime video download invitation, my home pages were changed to the Amazon page with an additional couple of icons on the end of the url bar. I am running in safe mode now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AlexSmithFanning

AlexSmithFanning

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:37 AM

I do NOT recommend Auslogics because they (DO NOT bash on me here, this is from what I have seen) are a bad company, According to me they are part of the FakeVimes family. HATE 'EM! 

I prefer Linux. Windows 10 is just to invasive for me.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:53 PM

I've been using Auslogics Duplicate File Finder for years. Never  had any issues with it. Where did you download it from?

Alex may not recommend Auslogics Duplicate File Finder, but I do. It does what it is supposed to do.

#4 Johnny 5 Alive

Johnny 5 Alive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

I believe I downloaded the program from http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/duplicate-file-finder/.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users