Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frustrating Issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fudgenstein

fudgenstein

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

Hello i did a format and re install of windows home pro just yesterday, Now for some reason in graphics properties this laptop seems to think i have two screens, and it keeps setting my lap top to acct like it has extended displays and i cant snap the right side of my screen to lock a half and half screen, when i go to reset it to show in screen one it works for a bit then it resets and makes it seem like i have two screens or extended displays. I do not have anything plugged in, nothing like that at all and the screen will flicker and the sound of unplugging something will bing bong then the screen will flicker again and the sound of plugging in something to the computer goes off and then all is good for a bit and randomly it will make the unplug sound flicker , flicker again and bing bong the sound of plugging in something again and then all is good...ANY ideas off what the heck this is please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,278 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

Things to try.

Update the video drivers (probably already have them since this is a fresh load, but always the first thing)

Delete all monitors and video cards from Device Manager and reboot.  They should be redetected and installed on reboot

Update the BIOS

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

If updating the driver for the video chip does not work, you may have a stuck key on the keyboard that is trying to switch to external. Usually it is a F1-F12 key that changes this.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users