As a short back-story, I have a few years of professional experience in both customer service, PC + Mac repair and tech support (end users, no business). I'm currently in the process of starting an in-home tech support business and I was hoping to gather some insight about the following:
- How do you manage appointments?
- What software and hardware do you use on-site?
- How do you manage time while performing stand-by tasks on-site (ie. waiting for a program to install, transferring data)?
- Which services are billed at flat rates vs hourly?
- What is your trip charge?
- Do clients pay at time of service or are they billed prior to the services completion?
- What is some advice on maintaining a working relationship with your clients after the service and creating repeat customers?
- What are your hourly rates?
- Would setting up a service contract with monthly billing be a good option for increasing revenue?
- Should an anti-virus or cloud backup be bundled with a service contract? (to add to customer value)
- Are there any additional tips or tricks that may be useful to know?
Thank you in advance for the help. I have a few years of experience but I could really use some advice from other professionals working in the field.