Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using IE 10 - Error shows I'm using IE 7 or 8

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ol2shews

ol2shews

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

I have a new Samsung wireless laptop with windows 8 and IE 10. I have had a browser problem all along. I just

don't know what is wrong or how to fix it. I also use yahoo for my email and have had security issues with my

email also. It does seem better now even though I am still seeing   https://s.yimg.com and   hsrd.yahoo I am in

California. Someone had said it had something to do with Intl yahoo.sign-in settings. it showed as if I was signing

in from WA, USA.  In checking my yahoo  I have recently reset back to factory settings. I am posting what the

recent error messages are:

1.     UH OH WARNING - We notice you are using Windows Internet Explorer 7 or 8. inkFrog uses the latest technology which is
        not supported by IE 7 or 8. In order to get all of the benefits out of inkFrog, please use Chrome browser... It's bigger,
        faster, stronger, and we promise you will love it. It's the browser that nerds love the most (but we know you will love it too).

2.     We've detected that you're using an outdated browser.
        Some parts of the site may not work correctly and you won't get all the features you'd have with a modern browser.
        Unfortunately we cannot support your browser should you have a technical issue. You can just ignore this message if your
        browser meets your needs, but we highly recommend changing to Google Chrome or Firefox browser. Your online experience will be
        safer and more enjoyable not only on Ruby Lane but any web site you visit.

3.        (This is one that I noticed on my Yahoo email account)

Yahoo Yahoo - Sign Out - Help

Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo
        Sorry, Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo is not available for your system.

The Yahoo optimized version of Internet Explorer 8 is only available for the following operating systems:

Windows XP 32-bit Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher
        Windows Vista
        Windows Vista 64-bit
        Windows Server 2008
        Windows Server 2008 64-bit
        You can still customize your experience:

Set Yahoo as your homepage. Click here.
        Download Yahoo Toolbar to organize your Web experience
        Questions about your Operating System? Ask the Yahoo Community on Yahoo Answers

4.     you cant remove account unknown (S-1-15-3-4096) because this object is inheriting
        permissions from its parent. to remove account unknown ( ) you must prevent this
        object from inheriting permissions. turn off the option for inheriting permissions,
        and then try removing account unknown ( ) again.permissions for yahoo.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users