Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Desktop Device Redirector Bus needs repeated resetting.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Duryism

Duryism

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:06 AM

Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, 64-bit

So, I work remotely with an IT company, and we have a client terminal server that stops allowing the users' local printers to map occasionally.  All of these users are set to map local printers in Active Directory.  In the past, I've resolved the issue by disabling and re-enabling the Remote Desktop Device Redirector Bus and restarting the server.  This works 100% of the time, but the issue seems to come back again several days later.  The client is of the medical variety, so restarting the server isn't always a viable option, such as when this occurs midday.  I am wondering if anyone has had experience with this and could give an idea of a root cause and possible permanent solution.

I've found information online about reinstalling the RDPDR.sys file or replacing the RDPDR registry subkey, but I wanted to get some other opinions before I go that route.  Some help and/or information would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

What kind of printers are these?

#3 Duryism

Duryism
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

Well, the issue usually only comes up when local printers are trying to map, and this becomes an issue when they are logging in from home.  We haven't even been able to understand if one particular user's printer starts the malfunction or not.  They're home printers are generally HP, Brother, or Ricoh, but unfortunately we don't keep a record of what models they have at home.  Might be a tricky one to figure out here, but I guess if anyone has encountered such an issue, maybe they could fill me in on their journey to fixing it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users