Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downgrade Win8 to Win7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pactum

pactum

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:49 AM

Hello everyone! First post :)

I just bought an Acer Aspire V7-581PG, It comes pre-loaded with Windows8, and frankly I'm having a terrible time with it.

I already have a genuine windows7 install CD and product key.

Is it possible to do a clean install of win7 on my machine? Where would i find all the drivers as the Acer website only has them for Win8.

Another question, If i decide to change back to Win8 for whatever reason, how would i proceed?

Thanks! :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:21 AM

I would recommend trying something like "Classic Start" or "Classic Shell" for windows 8, classic start has a setting to make the computer look exactly like windows 7, vista, or even xp/win2000. You can get classic start here (It is under UTILITIES): http://ninite.com/

Put a check mark in the box for classic start and click "get installer" then run the download, it will automatically install for you and then if you click on the program settings you can change the view.

If this works for you, it would save a ton of time and you will still be running a more modern OS.

Edited by zingo156, 05 February 2014 - 08:24 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

Another vote for Classic Shell or Start8 with Metromix.  Of course if you wait a while, Microsoft will be releasing the next rollup of Windows 8.x with the last two in their version, included in the Win8.1 rollup.

Personally the desktop mode in 8 is better then 7.  Especially with Storage spaces.  As for metro, yes that is just pure garbage.  Now of course, you could try out Xubuntu and see how it behaves on your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users