Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inbox.com account used as a proxy web page??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 leyla.m.cervantes

leyla.m.cervantes

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

I'm owner/moderator of a social networking site which was serviced by Yahoo. In the beginning, I had been able to use many of the features Yahoo had on the site as effective informational tools for my group members as well as visitors. With time (and change) Yahoo made them ineffective and useless. I've recently opened an InBox.com account for my personal use and was wondering..is there a way to open a seperate account (through InBox.com) and modify it to function as a page similiar to a Yahoo social media site. Any input, help, critique, suggestions, etc on this topic would be greatly appreciated as I'm not as well versed in web design, page layout, command functions as I should be in order to master such an undertaking..I just want to give my group a safe, secure, functional product.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

What sort of information and tools do you want/need? There really isn't a way to modify someone else's website, so I can't see that option being available to you.

#3 leyla.m.cervantes

leyla.m.cervantes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

It makes sense that another's website could not be used..would help greatly to help assure the security of the personal information. What I could use (as a next best alternate) is a recommendation about which sites (or hosts) would provide the most security measures for my group members.

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

Would something like Google Groups be sufficient? Again, I am not sure of your needs, so I can't be more helpful than that.

#5 leyla.m.cervantes

leyla.m.cervantes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

Thank's for the suggestion. I'm on several Google groups (communities) and with what I've seen of people taking things (pictures, articles, links) from one community to another, Google groups is not an option..I want more security for them than that.

#6 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

Mind giving us more details? What security features are you wanting?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#7 leyla.m.cervantes

leyla.m.cervantes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

I'm found a local computer technician I'll be working with. He and I have discussed the site and we will begin work shortly. Thanks for your imput.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users